Monday, July 29, 2013

Catch up time!

I promise, I haven't ditched my blog.  While I try to stay caught up on life, it always seems like I'm 100 steps behind! 

Update on the whole exercise and eating healthy thing... 

Lets just say I kind of suck a little. 

I didn't fall off of the wagon immediately, it was more of a looking over the side of the wagon, then hanging off the wagon, then dragging behind, then they forgot something and backed over me, then ran me over again when the wagon started moving forward, and now here I lay all frumpy in the middle of the road.  [As I'm telling this story, I'm totally imagining the Oregon Trail & I have NO idea why... bahahaha.   Me in my little bonnet and too tight pioneer dress laying in the road... Yes, It's 1AM and I'm delusional.] 

So... The good news about my efforts.  I have lost 4 lbs.  

The bad news... I've been eating carbs like their going out of style! 


More bad news... I don't want to bore you, but as some of you know, I was diagnosed with Graves disease in May of 2012, hyperthyroidism (Google pictures... BUG EYES... freaky... thank you all powerful being for sparing me the bug eyes).  I lost 40 lbs in about a month and a half and while I was exercising and eating healthy, obviously my EXTREMELY high thyroid levels helped me out some in the fat loss department.  

Well in July I ended up having my Thyroid removed (it was either that or radiate it and be away from Saige and living beings for 2 weeks... no thanks).  Anyways, one of the main symptoms I was experiencing was rapid pulse.  Your resting heart rate should be around 80 average, runners and those who exercise regularly are often around 60 beats per minute.  My resting heart rate was 160.  It was horrible.  I started the C25K program last April and when I went running a few times I almost passed out and started having really bad chest pains.  Once I took my heart rate after a bout of running and it was 220.  Heart attack level.  NOT GOOD.

So... this could turn into a VERY long story, but to make the long story short... my rapid pulse problem never really went away.  Now the doc thinks it's possibly a birth defect or some other type of problem with my heart.  Not really anything serious, but serious enough that she told me I shouldn't be doing crazy exercise right now, just walking and if I get dizzy, stop.  I'm a nurse, I know I shouldn't exercise and I know that Miss Dixie knows what is best for me, but I'm also super non-compliant and am planning to RESTART 30DS again very soon.  I'm not a TERRIBLE patient... I'm going to order a heart rate monitor and watch everything close while I'm exercising and of course stop if I hit the floor or anything.  (Dix if you're reading this... which I know you aren't cause you are even a billion times busier than me! I LOVE YOU! :) ) 

I had been dreading posting, knowing that I haven't really lost anything and that my damn heart is slowing me down, but now I've posted.  You all know how it is when life gets in the way of exercise.  I'll keep trying till I get something right.  At least I didn't make up some crazy crap to impress you all (although... maybe I should have... ;) ).  I'm a human too.  It might take me a year to lose this weight, but damn it, I will!! 

Glad to get past that.   Now all 2 of my readers will be happy to know that I'm still alive.  Ha! 

This weeks goal? Stay under my calorie goal.  Exercise AT LEAST 4-5 times this week.  I'm finally caught up on jewelry orders (I haven't been for literally like 5 months), so if I can stay on top of that, I'll have a lot more time to exercise! 

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.  I've been kind of down this week... Hoping things improve soon!! 





BTW.  The kids are amazing! 

Saige has started talking in pretty much full sentences, she amazes me every day and she's actually sleeping better! WAHOOOOOO! She's only been waking up about 3 times a night for the last week! 

Swayzee is still the perfect baby.  She sleeps from 10pm till 7am, naps several times a day, and is ALWAYS happy.  The only issue she has is spitting up every five seconds.  We're working on taking care of that so we don't have to continue to change the little munchkin every ten seconds.  She just turned 3 months old, growth is perfect, she's PERFECT! 

I'll try to update soon!

<3 <3 <3 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ashley, I wish your life were a LITTLE less crazy so you could entertain me more often with your writing!!! Seriously, I was chuckling to myself picturing you in your bonnet and too tight pioneer dress left behind the wagon train. YOU ARE AMAZING! Congrats on the four pounds...and the improvement in the sleep department! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear tips, tricks, and advice from some other mommies! Please share your stories!