Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Game Plan.

So you might be wondering.  What's the plan!? How am I going to lose this weight? 

Well I already explained the importance of calorie counting.  If I don't count calories, I never change my eating.  It is an ABSOLUTE must for me. 



As for exercise.  First lets look at a day in the life of me. 

9 AM - 
Up with the kids.  
Baby starving. 
Saige starving.
Saige needs milk.
Change butts.
Saige...."Mommy I have to pee" Me.... "Okay, so go pee" (she always has to announce it)
Feed the baby.  
Find breakfast for Saige. 
Finally, Mommy gets to go pee ....with an audience of course.
Cartoons on, pick up the living room, get COFFEEEEEE. 
"Mommy, I pooped. It stinnnnnkyyyy" 
Okay.... change big butt. 
Baby poops, change little butt.
Finally sit down for a few minutes around 11. 

11 AM-
Get on Etsy, email, Facebook and check messages for work. 
Who knew I would be working MORE at home, then I did at Stonehenge. It's totally worth it to be home with my kiddo's, but sometimes I wish it wasn't 24/7 and I could leave WORK at WORK.  
Answer all of my messages (takes about an hour with my FB breaks of course). 

12 PM - 
Make lunch. 
Fight Saige to put her pull-up on. 
Give up and start looking for homes in a nudist colony....... jk
Change more butts.  
Clean up the potty pee that Saige so sweetly decided to dump in her Dora kitchen sink.  "Yook Mommy!" uh huh... thanks doll, you're so helpful.  
Baby finally asleep for her nap. 
Saige wakes baby up because she can't stand when anyone in the house sleeps.  It's like a rule.

1-3 PM - 
Clean the house. 
Saige messes up the house.
Clean some more. 
Tornado SAIGE!
Frustrated Mommy. 
SCREAMING tantrum.
Check Etsy messages.... again.
Reorder supplies if I need to. 
Blog!
Change even more butts!
Laundry, dishes, CLEAN some more! 

Around 4 PM, Sometimes as late as 7 or 8 PM -
JJ finally home.  
Looks around like he's wondering what the hell I did all day.  
Really dude? I dare you to open your mouth.  
He doesn't, He's getting smarter.... kind of....
Try to give him a few minutes to wind down from work.  
Some days I just throw the kids at him and hide in the bathroom for an hour depending on my day with Saige.

5 PM - 
JJ usually cooks dinner.  He likes to cook.  I HATE it. 
More Etsy messages and work crap. 
Feeding, changing, barfing, changing clothes, naked Saige!

7 PM - 
Try to get kiddos into the tub.  Doesn't happen every night.  I know, my night routine sucks and this is why Saige doesn't sleep and yada, yada, yada... I can only do so much, ya know?

8 PM - 
Get Saige into bed.  
Sit there with her until she falls asleep since she freaks if we leave, and there's no door on the room to lock her in! 
It usually takes until about 10 PM, if I'm lucky. 
JJ and I switch off with who sits with Saige, the other one tries to get Swayzee to sleep. 

11 PM - 
Both kids are usually finally asleep. 
Saige wakes up every 30 minutes screaming for another two hours. 
Finally, time to stamp. 
Go back and stamp until 2-3 AM. 
Print shipping labels and package everything to ship out in the morning. 
Stare at my order queue that still says 100+ orders and wonder how the hell I'll ever get caught up.  
I won't. Now you know why you have to wait 3 weeks for your order. 

3 AM - 
Feed the baby. 
Change both butts. 

3:30 AM -
MOMMY IS FINALLY ASLEEP! 

6 AM -
Saige up screaming, in bed with Mommy. 
Feed the baby again. 
Change butts. 

9 AM - 
UP FOR THE DAYYYY!!! 
(Now you know why we sleep so late... I have my kids trained. If i didn't, I would die.)

So... what was the point of all of that...? 

It makes it easier for me to try to schedule in some exercise when I can see everything laid out like that.  

As you can see, I get about 5 hours of sleep a night.  This has been my normal for the last two years.  Saige still gets up at least 4-5 times a night.  Sometimes up to 15 times.  It's HARD, but I'm still alive and I'm SUPER happy she is in her own bed. 


So... where do you put exercise into that schedule!? I'm telling you right now, it's pretty much impossible.  I only need SIX more hours a day.  JUST SIX!!  

I keep telling myself, it's taken me 20 minutes, so far, to write this blog post.  That's one time of doing 30 Day Shred.  It's not that easy though.  I want exercise to be Mommy time, not fight Saige time.  She's well.... not very cooperative.  She DOES let me use the elliptical though.  

So... here is my plan. 

First, I plan to do 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels.  It's 25 minutes a day. If you've never done it, go buy the video and some 3lb weights.   It kicks your ass and you WILL see big results in 30 days. You're supposed to do it EVERY day, but when I've done the program before, I've always had rest days and it's worked just fine. 

Second, I plan to do the C25K program.  Also a great program.  3 days a week, 30 minutes each time.  You will go from couch potato to running a 5K in 8 weeks.  I plan on signing up for Richfield's Turkey Trot 5K in November and I WILL run the entire thing!!! 

In this shirt.... 

Picture is from THIS  Etsy shop

Third, I plan to throw in bouts of 10-20 minutes on my elliptical anytime I can.  Just cause it looks sad and neglected. 

So how am I going to fit that much exercise in? Honestly, I have no clue.  But I will.  I'm determined.  I want to be a runner and I'm done with this whole being fat thing.  

So ladies... What's your advice? How do you find time for exercise?  I KNOW there are a few of you reading, so tell me what you do!! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have no kids at home unless one of you brings me yours and it's still tough to fit it in.
    You just do it, if that's what you want to do. You make it work in your day however you can~!
    =)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear tips, tricks, and advice from some other mommies! Please share your stories!