Tuesday, August 6, 2013

It's not about perfect, it's about effort!

The last few weeks have been hit and miss with calorie counting and exercise. 
Good & bad days, but mostly bad. 
I have this REALLY terrible habit of getting on the scale every morning and getting disappointed for a split second that I'm STILL FAT!!! FRUMPY.
Then that beast in my head kicks in... 
"Guess what buttercup, you can't hope more than you work.  
If you eat like a hogger, you will probably weigh what a hog weighs.  
If you sit on the computer chair for hours a day and don't move, your ass will probably grow!"
.......Damn..... she's just not nice.

You will be happy to know that I am feeling MUCH more motivated as of the last few days.  
I'm telling you, if you don't have an accountability buddy, FIND ONE.  
Having someone to "report" to motivates me to make healthy decisions.

Soooo, what you've all (by all, I mean all 2 of you who read my blog) been waiting for! 
When I "started" in the middle of June, I weighed 164 lbs.  
As of this morning, I am down to 157.4.  
I have lost about 6.5 lbs.  

Is that good for a month and a half?
No. It sucks.  
BUT like I said, I feel like I've finally found some motivation, so hopefully the coming updates will be good ones! 
I vow to check in EVERY MONDAY yes... that's a lie.  I'll probably get busy and forget... with weight and progress, maybe pictures in a few weeks! 

As for my game plan... 

21 day NO JUNK FOOD challenge? 
Day 2 down! No temptations!!

3rd day under my calorie goal in a row!  

Started 30DS again tonight! Baby steps people...  
 
I have said before, I LOVE 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels.  
Is it fun? 
No. It sucks ass.  
It's hard.  
It makes me want to barf. 
& ninja kick Jillian in the head.
BUT Google "30 day shred results" and you will know why I continue to torture myself.
IT WORKS.  
Best part? 
It works FAST.  
Second best part? 
It's only 24 minutes.

I wanted to share my awesome 30DS calendar.  You don't have to do 30 days straight without rest days, I have never done this program without rest days.  I usually do it 4-5 times a week and add some elliptical and other cardio and strength training in there. 

Hang this calendar on your bathroom mirror, every time you do a work out, X it out.  
Seeing it every day will help keep you motivated to keep going!



"It's not about perfect, it's about effort.  & when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens.  That's how change occurs" - Jillian Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear tips, tricks, and advice from some other mommies! Please share your stories!