Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Be the example.

Well, It's been almost a month since I've posted.  

I'm telling you, having two children triples your daily workload. 
Triples the dishes. 
Quadruples the laundry. 
Saige on her own can destroy a clean house in 12 seconds flat.  It's a world record.

Between feeding, changing, potty training, time trying to get them to nap, & working from home, I am POOPED.

Things have been so crazy, I forgot Swayzee's two month appt last Monday, which has been rescheduled to this Thursday, so I can't even tell you how much my sweet little baby has grown.  

The kids are great, never sleep, always naked, they are happy. 


Mommy on the other hand is tired.... 


When I first started this blog, I wanted it to be about my girls, something that I could print out for them when they get big and are asking me the same questions I ask my mom, "what do I do!?".  

Something they could read and realize that there is no easy way to raise kids.  
Nothing is ever perfect.  
Nothing ever goes as planned.  
The floors are always sticky.  
The house is always a mess. 
The kids are always naked. (they just DON'T like clothes!)


Thinking about it more, I also want this blog to be something they can read and gain inspiration and positive things from.  

There is one HUGE change that I can make if I put my mind to it that would make being a Mom a WHOLE lot easier....


Losing weight.


Everything is harder when you're fat.  
You can't run and play with your kids without resting.
You get tired cleaning the house. 
You are terrified when your kid runs toward the road because you're not sure if you're fast enough to get to them. 
Your kid laughs when you're trying on 28 different pairs of pants to go to Sunday dinner and yells, "Mama, your belly falla out!".  Yes that really happened, thank you Saige. 
You're still wearing maternity pants! Yep.  I suck. But I refuse to spend my hard earned money on a pair of size 15 jeans. 

Being fat sucks. 


****And please don't be offended by the things I say about my weight or weight loss in my blog.  I think it's absolutely fantastic if you're comfortable being a size 15, or weighing 165 lbs at 5' 3". 

I'm not comfortable, I don't like weighing this much, I will never be happy in size 15 pants.


Yeah it's only been two months since I had Swayzee, but she is not the one who made me fat. After all I only gained 30 lbs during my pregnancy, lost 20 when I delivered, the other 10 I gained after. Yep, pretty sad that I've gained half as much as I did while pregnant.  AFTER having the baby.
 I was fat before I had kids.  
All having kids did was stretch, move, dimple, and frump everything.  
Instead of pretty smooth skin, now I have a big ball of half melted wax for a body.  
That's okay though, not all hope is lost, it can be fixed with a little hard work and determination!

I can't blame anyone for my being fat, but myself.....................& cookie butter (which you should be proud to know I haven't eaten in over a month). ;)

So.  What I'm trying to say is that part of raising my babies and being a good mom, is setting a good example, and creating good habits for my kiddos.  Losing weight and being a healthy, happy example for my kiddo's is most definitely an important part of being a Mom.  

You will probably see A LOT about my weight loss journey on here. I'm going to try to post a few times a week, or more.  I'm one of those people who gets all pumped about losing weight, does great for like 2 days, then quits.  Maybe if I post here about everything and get pumped up in public, I'll feel like a jack ass if I don't keep it up and actually EXERCISE. Or just make shit up to post so you guys don't think I'm an idiot... hahahaha jk.  

I always think... How do people stay motivated? How do they keep going and not give up? It's simple.  They get sick of being fat and decide they're not going to be anymore.  You just change.  If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to make it work. 













2 comments:

  1. Oh, Ashley! You are such a good writer! May I be so bold as to let you read MY weight loss story when I was a younger mommy? Bridger was two and a half when I started..."Mom, you have boobs on your back" he told me as I stood there in my matronly one piece swimsuit. Kids...so honest. Maybe you've already read this...but this is what I decided to do when I had enough!!!

    http://denisejackson.blogspot.com/2011/01/getting-into-my-jeans-originally.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boobs on your back, I resemble that remark... LOL!!! They're definitely honest. Saige is the best reality check. She's always first to tell me when something looks "off".

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear tips, tricks, and advice from some other mommies! Please share your stories!